About Wireless Innovation
Mobile and wireless technology is one of the fastest growing and dynamic sectors in the world, a recent report from Portio Research confidently predicts that 'the worldwide mobile industry will be worth US $1 trillion by the close of 2008.'*
With its reputation for innovation, Scotland is rapidly building a wealth of talent and expertise in this field.
Wireless Innovation plays a key role in providing business development, market intelligence and product development support to over 210 companies developing wireless, mobile and digital media products and services across Scotland.
Operated by Innovation Centres (Scotland) Ltd (ICS), Wireless Innovation provides a world-class support and advisory service to the sector.
Some of the key markets supported by Wireless Innovation include:
- Mobile Applications and Content
- Mobile Enterprise
- Digital Media and Content
- Mobile Gaming
- Mobile Advertising and Marketing
Wireless Innovation has a range of dedicated market experts in each of these areas who will work closely with your business to help you understand market trends, technology challenges and identify new routes to market.
We have developed strong partnerships with many of the leading commercial players, including BT, Siemens, Nokia, Oracle, Microsoft, Symbol Technologies, Orange and T-Mobile.
Wireless Innovation has two ways of facilitating interactions:
- Partner Brokerage events which involve our commercial partners and advisers working face-to-face with Scottish companies.
- Regular events bringing Scottish companies together to meet the major players within mobile, wireless and digtial media markets and monitor recent movements and trends in these sectors.
Wireless Innovation provides:
- Market intelligence – with access to a wide range of well-known research resources.
- Product development support – identifying market opportunities and testing product viability
- Business development opportunities - using strong partnerships with leading commercial players, including BT, Siemens, Nokia, Oracle, Microsoft, Symbol Technologies, Orange and T-Mobile.
Working closely with you, Wireless Innovation can interpret research data to provide a tailored service, answering the questions you have and highlighting the commercial relevance to your business.
Many companies have used this type of information to create and develop business plans and evaluate new markets and products.
*Source: Portio Research 2008.