Date: Wednesday 11th March 2015, 9:00am – 3:30pm
Location: Hillington Park Innovation Centre, Glasgow, G52 4RU
This event is invitation only. If you would like to attend, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, thank you.
Experimental Lab is a one day workshop led by Professor Piero Formica, founder of the International Entrepreneurship Academy, which connects 30 entrepreneurs and senior decision makers from different professional backgrounds and sectors, all with one key objective : to gain access to some of the leading insights into the innovation process.
Using a novel ‘experimental lab’ format on the day, Professor Formica will demonstrate the power of ‘creative ignorance’ to help you identify new ideas and growth opportunities for your business. This ‘experimental lab’ format was created by Professor Formica alongside Professor Martin Curley, Vice President at Intel Corporation and director of Intel Labs Europe. The aim of the lab will be to:
- Generate a wide exchange of experience in the field (the field is the experimental lab);
- Promote new ways of interacting between individuals from different industries, disciplines and work experience;
- Identify new collaboration opportunities between entrepreneurs and others who want to support the innovation
- Discover the novel approaches to innovation, and
- Create the first embryos of innovative business ideas on which to build start-ups (embedding the experimental lab thinking in the firm’s ecosystem of innovation and new venture creation).
This workshop is aimed at senior decision makers with an open mind in small and large companies who are looking to develop new opportunities and think in a different way. You will leave this workshop with the personal skills and knowledge to help you be more innovative in your business and help you grow your business into new markets. An award will be presented to the individual(s) who create the best new business ideas during the day. Find out how the experimental lab works here
This event is invitation only. If you would like to attend, please contact email@example.com, thanks.
Experimental Lab Programme
- 09:00 – 09:30 Registration
- 09:30 – 09:45 Welcome and Introductions, Ronnie Smith, Innovation Centres Scotland Ltd
- 09:45 – 10:00 Group introductions
- 10:00 – 10:15 Creative Ignorance : how experts and non-experts interact to generate ideas, Piero Formica
- 10:15 – 10:30 Experimental Labs usecase for interactive value creation: B-sm@rk stor, Nicola Farronato
- 10:30 – 10:45 Presentation of Scenario 2: Smart Cities, Martin Curley
- 10:45 – 11:15 Group Selection of Topic and allocation of individual roles within each group
- 11:15 – 11:30 Coffee Break
- 11:30 – 13:00 Group Work: Define the problem and define the solution
- 13:00 – 13:45 Lunch & Networking
- 13:45 – 15:00 Group Work: Discussion of the solution with the Expert & preparing the pitch
- 15:00 – 15:30 Evaluation of the Group & the workshop
- 15:30 Event Close