Innovation Advisory Support
Let our advisors help you achieve your business goals
At Innovation Centres Scotland Ltd, we recognise that at the heart of every successful business is a great idea, a dedicated management team with the enthusiasm to make that business succeed and access to a range of experts to help that business grow. That's why, as a tenant of Hillington Park Innovation Centre, you have access to an experienced industry-focussed team of advisors and market experts who will work closely with your business to help you achieve your goals!
Our experience has shown that every new and growing business will have different needs and require different levels of support at varying stages of the business, so you make the choice of whether you want to work intensively with an advisor or tap into the service as an when you need it. We can help you in many different areas of your business
- Product & Idea development - advice on market-readiness and links to market experts in product development, feasibility studies, legal requirements, IP and patent requirements.
- Market Research - research into new market opportunities, industry and competitor intelligence, and innovation development support.
- Sales - helping you define the sales channels for your products and services and identifying the best ‘routes to market'
- Finance and Funding - reviewing your business model and developing links for your business to access funding and investment through our network of contacts
- Making the right connections - networking opportunities connecting your company to others across your industry - from SMEs to international partners such as Nokia, Orange, Google, Channel 4, and BBC.
- Developing your team - strategic management development, employee relations & contracts, managing your supply chain
- Industry events - a series of industry focussed and skills development events targeted at meeting new contacts and identifying new business and market opportunities
The key issues of starting up a business are supported with expertise drawn from an experienced team which can provide back-up to businesses as they start-up and grow – taking an innovative approach to products, services and markets.
The Innovation Advisory Support service provided by Innovation Centres Scotland is delivered by our on-site team of advisors (link to HPIC advisors team page) and a range of market experts who we have been identified based on their ability and understanding of what is required to work with an early stage growing innovative business.
Key areas where our Innovation Advisory Support service can really make a difference to your business are:
- Developing your business strategy and helping you create a robust business plan
- Mentoring and linking you into other like-minded entrepreneurs who have experienced the issues your business is facing and can provide practical ‘common-sense' advice
- Linking you into a network of contacts who can really accelerate your business growth and provide the right support at each stage of your growth
- In-depth business diligence to ensure your business is robust enough to face the challenges a growing business will encounter.
The Innovation Advisory Support service is available to all full-time tenants in the Hillington Park Innovation Centre and some of the virtual tenancy services. Having a dedicated onsite advisor has made a difference to a number of our tenants:
"Although I have an entrepreneurial background and know the business, I needed help establishing a network in Scotland and understanding the support structure for grants and international trade support as well as the general advice and support to get a company started and help it grow. The Hillington Park Innovation Centre has been extremely helpful in providing that support. The business advisers in the Centre have been a great help to Gaia Wind". Johnnie Andringa, Founder & Entrepreneur, Gaia Wind
"There was lots of excellent business consultancy advice which worked really well for our business. The advisors were very supportive of us and helped us through minor cash flow crises, providing mentoring as well as practical support. I would strongly advise small businesses to look for an environment such as Hillington Park Innovation Centre, it is an excellent facility with fantastic advice and support". David Rivett, Operations Director, OLM
"We have benefited greatly from the advisory service at Hillington Park Innovation Centre. When you are in a community, with the business advisors in the same building, it creates a strong relationship that allows the company to grow". Dr Colin Urquhart, Managing Director, Dimensional Imaging